Are you looking for ways to improve your garage wall space? If so, you're in luck!
There are a number of different ways that you can maximise your wall space and make sure that it is as functional as possible.
Garages are often used as a dumping ground for everything but the car. This leaves little storage space and can be frustrating when trying to find a place to put things.
However, with a few simple tips, you can improve your garage wall space and optimise your storage.
Check out these ideas to get started!
Install a Smart Wall
GarageSmart® Storage Experts are made up of experienced professionals who will work with you to create the perfect garage for your needs. We want you to be happy with your new space, and we’ll do everything we can to make sure that happens.
StorageSmart's revolutionary garage storage systems are built on patented SmartWall panels, which can be attached to any existing garage wall.
These SmartWall panels in shades of grey and taupe look great and serve as the foundation for an adaptable system of garage shelving.
Careful attention to detail is shown in finishing SmartWall sections, which includes using colour-matched screws and end-capping to provide a uniform appearance.
Our fully adjustable shelves, hooks, and baskets, all mounted on the sturdy StorageSmart® SmartWall, form the backbone of your garage storage solution.
In contrast to other garage storage solutions, the StorageSmart® SmartWall System gives you the freedom to rearrange your storage as often as you like.
Invest in Garage Shelving
Perhaps the quickest and least expensive approach to maximise the potential of your walls is installing shelves on the wall.
Investing in garage shelving is a simple solution for extra garage storage.
Wire shelving installed directly into the garage's walls is a reliable alternative; it is also typically more aesthetically pleasing than some of the less sturdy DIY versions or the cheap standalone shelving you'll find in a home improvement store.
However, before installing or buying shelves, you should take meticulous measurements and consider what you intend to keep on them.
There are few things more annoying than trying to store items in the garage only to find that the shelves are 5 centimetres too short.
Quickly and cheaply increase your garage's storage capacity with the help of hooks, baskets, and shelves.
It will take you no more than a morning to assemble these garage storage racks.
To complement your SmartWall System, StorageSmart® provides a wide variety of shelving, baskets, and hooks that can be easily clipped and engaged.
Mount Tyre Racks
Tire racks are a worthwhile investment if you reside in an area that has regular snowfall.
The space taken up by a spare set of tyres, even if they are piled neatly on top of one another, could've been used more efficiently elsewhere.
And if you own lot more cars, each with an extra set of wheels and tyres, you'll need a lot more room. Tires not in use during the year can be stored off the floor on a wall-mounted rack.
Installing tyre racks in your garage now, if you haven't already, is a great way to make use of otherwise wasted vertical and horizontal space.
Tire racks can be put on the wall or the ceiling, but either approach is preferable to store your off-season tyres in a heap on the floor. Get it done right now, and you will thank us in the future.
Make Use of Pegboard for Wall-Mounted Storage.
Over the years, pegboard has been a popular choice for garage walls.
Pegboard shelving was developed for use in retail stores, but the concept that it could be put to use in homes to help keep garages neat and tidy soon followed.
Pegboard's design (it's a wooden sheet with an array of pegs) made it perfect for allowing homeowners more options for how they hang their garage storage.
It is perfect for a garage workshop with so many places to hang things.
However, Slatwall has replaced pegboard as the superior solution because it provides a cleaner look, greater storage flexibility, and the capacity to withstand greater loads.
Pegboard constructed with galvanised steel is worth the extra money because it will last much longer.
Consider Hanging Racks for Your Garage
Light to medium-weight seasonal items, such as Christmas decorations and outdoor gear, can be easily stored in the garage's ceiling.
Raise those large plastic containers from the garage floor to the upper shelves.
Invest in Custom-Designed Cabinetry for Your Belongings
If you have the budget for it, customised storage cabinets are your best bet for a stylish and functional storage solution.
The walls of your garage can be put to better use by installing storage cabinets.
Spending more on a high-quality cabinet system that can be modified to fit in with your existing design scheme is money well spent.
You can store anything from little goods like screwdrivers and hammers to bigger items like cleaning supplies in these custom-made wall racks, which are the pinnacle of garage wall organising.
Do you know what else is great about this alternative?
They are versatile enough to be utilised as a workshop in the garage and come with extras like a sink and a TV that can be installed on the wall.
You may customise your experience to your exact specifications, conceal clutter behind sturdy, commercial-grade doors, and secure your most prized possessions with a set of locks.
De-Clutter Your Garage
A lot of people find this to be the greatest place to begin when clearing out their garage. Decluttering. It's not easy to forgive oneself for abandoning the half-finished projects and plans to master a new skill or the stuff you bought but never used.
Relax, move on, and eliminate everything you don't regularly use from your garage space.
Having too many things is an issue that can't be solved by just getting organised, so getting rid of unnecessary items is a good place to start.
The garage serves as more than just a parking spot for many people; they also use it as a place to work on projects.
Some people prefer the safety and comfort of an enclosed garage when it comes to storing valuable vehicles.
It's important to remember that keeping your automobile in a safe garage could reduce the amount of money you have to spend on repairs.
You can choose from various shelving options, including free-standing and fixed shelves, cabinets that can be designed to your specifications, or those made from prefabricated steel.
Garages are frequently utilised as a dumping ground for anything other than the vehicle itself.
You can improve the wall space in your garage and maximise your storage by following a few straightforward techniques.
Adding garage shelving is a quick and easy way to get additional storage space in your garage.
A reliable solution is to have wire shelves built directly into the garage's walls.
You should be able to put together these racks for garage storage in no more than a morning's time.
The installation of tyre racks in your garage is an excellent method to make productive use of space that would otherwise go unused.
A rack that is mounted to the wall is a convenient place to store away tyres that are not being used during the year.
Installing storage cabinets along the walls of your garage will help you make better use of the space there.
Custom storage cabinets are your best choice for a stylish solution, so if you have the budget for them, you should absolutely go for them.
These bespoke wall racks give you the ability to store a wide variety of objects, from smaller things like screwdrivers to more substantial things like cleaning supplies.
They are adaptable enough to be used as a workshop inside the garage and come with additional features such as a sink and a television that can be mounted on the wall.
When it comes to keeping precious vehicles, there are certain individuals who feel more at ease doing it within the confines of an enclosed garage.
- You can make the most of the space you have on your walls and ensure that it is as practical as it can possibly be by utilising a variety of various strategies.
- Garages are frequently utilised as a dumping ground for anything other than the vehicle itself.
- This results in a limited amount of storage space, which can be annoying when one is attempting to locate a spot for various items.
- You may, however, enhance the wall space in your garage and maximise its storage capacity by following a few straightforward steps.
- Converting your garage into a high-quality storage area can be accomplished in a number of ways, one of the most effective of which is by installing a StorageSmart Storage System.
- The breakthrough garage storage systems offered by StorageSmart are constructed on SmartWall panels, which have been granted a patent and can be added to any preexisting garage wall.
- These SmartWall panels, which come in a variety of colours ranging from grey to taupe, not only look excellent but also serve as the basis for a versatile shelf system in the garage.
- The core of your garage storage solution comprises our hooks, shelves, and baskets, all of which are fully adjustable and mounted on the strong StorageSmart SmartWall.
- The StorageSmart SmartWall System, in contrast to conventional garage storage solutions, gives you the option to rearrange your storage whenever you see fit. This flexibility allows you to maximise the space in your garage.
- Installing shelves on the wall is likely the solution that is both the easiest and most cost-effective way to make the most of the possibilities of your walls.
- Adding garage shelving is a quick and easy way to get additional storage space in your garage.
- However, before you construct shelves or buy new ones, you should take careful measurements and think about what you plan to store on them.
- Not many things in life are more frustrating than attempting to put belongings in a garage only to discover that the shelves are too short by 5 centimetres.
- With the assistance of hooks, baskets, and shelves, you can rapidly and affordably enhance your garage's storage space.
- If you live in a location that receives a significant amount of snowfall on a yearly basis, purchasing tyre racks is a smart investment.
- Even if the spare set of tyres is stacked on top of one another in an orderly fashion, the space that they occupy may have been utilised more productively in another location.
- You will need a great deal more space if you have many more automobiles, each of which has an additional wheel and tyre set.
- A rack that is mounted to the wall is a convenient place to store away tyres that are not being used during the year.
- If you haven't already done so, installing tyre racks in your garage is an excellent method to make effective use of the vertical and horizontal space that might otherwise go unused.
- It is best to keep your off-season tyres in a pile on the floor rather than in a jumble on the wall or the ceiling, but tyre racks can be mounted on either the wall or the ceiling.
- If you take care of it immediately away, you won't have to worry about it afterwards.
- When mounting things to the wall, a pegboard can be very useful.
- Pegboard has become an increasingly common material for use on garage walls during the course of its history.
- Because of its construction (it's a hardwood sheet with a variety of pegs), pegboard was ideal for providing homeowners with a greater number of alternatives for how they could hang their garage storage.
- Because there are so many places to hang things, it is ideal for use in a garage workshop.
- Slatwall, on the other hand, has mostly supplanted pegboard as the best solution available due to the fact that it has a more streamlined appearance, better storage versatility, and the ability to withstand heavier loads.
- The garage ceiling is a convenient storage location for seasonal things ranging from light to moderate weight, such as camping gear and Christmas decorations.
- Raise those enormous plastic containers that are currently stored on the floor of the garage to the upper shelves. Invest in Cabinetry That Is Custom-Designed for Your Belongings.
- If you want an elegant and practical storage solution, your best bet is to have bespoke storage cabinets made if you have the budget for them.
- Installing storage cabinets along the walls of your garage will help you make better use of the space there.
- These custom-made wall racks, which represent the pinnacle of garage wall organisation, allow you to store a wide variety of materials, ranging from little items like screwdrivers and hammers to larger items like cleaning supplies.
- You are aware of what else is wonderful about this option, right?
- They are adaptable enough to be used as a workshop inside the garage, and they come with additional features such as a sink and a television that can be mounted on the wall.
- You have the ability to personalise every aspect of your experience to meet your particular requirements, hide the mess behind doors of industrial-strength construction, and protect your most treasured belongings with a lock and key.
- When cleaning out their garage, many believe that this is the most effective area to start.
- It is not easy to forgive oneself for giving up on the projects that were only partially completed, the plans to learn a new talent, or the things that were purchased but never utilised.
- Put your worries behind you, get moving, and clear out the parts of your garage that you don't use daily.
- Having too much stuff is a problem that can't be remedied simply by getting organised, so getting rid of things that you don't need is a smart place to start if you're looking for a solution to this issue.
- Quite a few individuals utilise the garage as a location for more than just storing their vehicles; they also use it as a place to work on other tasks.
- When it comes to keeping precious vehicles, there are certain individuals who feel more at ease doing it within the confines of an enclosed garage.
- It is essential to keep in mind that parking your vehicle in a protected garage could cut down on the amount of money you have to spend on maintenance and repairs.
FAQs About Garage Wall Storage
What Should I Put on the Inside of My Garage Walls?
Plywood, medium-density fiberboard (MDF) and oriented strand board (OSB) are expedient and low-cost solutions for garage walls.
They can be attached over studs quickly with framing screws, and, unlike drywall, wood doesn't require any taping, mud, or sanding.
Does Insulating Garage Walls Add Value?
A finished garage won't increase the value of your home's appraisal. However, it may add a “wow” effect to potential buyers and shorten the time that your house is on the market.
Should I Drywall My Garage?
Garages benefit greatly from the installation of drywall because it is a superb building material and is very fire resistant.
Power tools, combustible materials, and mechanics with potentially explosive equipment are frequently seen in garages.
To maintain it a secure location, installing drywall would be a smart option.
Where Should I Start My Cluttered Garage?
Instead of dooming an entire weekend to declutter the garage, schedule a time and make a habit to go out in the garage most days.
Shoot for going out every day for a small amount of time, say 15 minutes, and stick with it as much as you can. If life gets busy and you miss a couple of days
How Much Does It Cost to Build Garage Cabinets?
Some products may go for as little as $250, whereas high-end brands may set the owner back $5,000.
As the price range for cabinets is broad, we will discuss the most common factors that determine the costs of garage cabinets—material, number of cabinets, colour, depth, and accessories.