A portable garage shelter is a great solution for homeowners who need extra storage or need to protect their car from the elements.
Portable garages are available in a variety of sizes, and most are easy to set up and take down.
If you're considering purchasing a portable garage, be sure to read on for tips on what to look for when shopping.
A Portable Garage May Be Moved From One Location to Another
Rather than permanently installing a garage, many people opt for a portable garage as a temporary storage solution for their vehicles or other valuables.
Those that require more storage often invest in portable garages.
They can also be bought if the owner is unwilling to instal a costly and permanent structure.
Their portability is a major selling point because it allows them to be relocated to other settings at a later date.
Vehicles are the most common object to be stored in a portable garage.
Although the primary purpose of a portable garage is to safeguard a car or truck, it can also serve as temporary storage for a wide variety of recreational vehicles, including trailers, campers, motorcycles, boats, and even tractors and watercraft.
As long as it fits entirely, a portable garage can protect any car from the elements, vandalism, and theft.
Storage needs are met by the multifunctionality of portable garage shelters.
Portable garages in the countryside are used to store hay, sand, salt, and other construction supplies.
An innovative rural resident can convert a mobile garage into a glasshouse, an extra workspace, or a shelter for horses or cattle.
The garages can be built to order or bought ready-made from preexisting designs.
Aluminum, powder-coated, or galvanised steel frames and polythene covers are utilised to extend the longevity of a portable garage.
Even though they are often made of steel, portable garages can be purchased in a broad range of colours, sizes, and designs to meet the requirements of individual customers.
Polyethylene's watertightness is a plus, but the material doesn't retain moisture.
When it rains or becomes cold outside and ice forms on cars, this reduces the amount of time those vehicles sit out in the elements, reducing the risk of mould and mildew growth within the garage.
Surface anchors or attachments, double-layering of polythene, and a selection of "rip stop" material are all possible additions to a portable garage.
Materials for the garage can include those that block ultraviolet (UV) light and those that have an interior black scrim.
Whenever UV protection is needed, a garage can be built with walls that completely block the sun's rays from every direction.
As an additional option, portable garage kits are available for the do-it-yourselfer to assemble the garage in his own backyard.
After installation, these garages can serve their purpose for many years without requiring major adjustments.
Is It Necessary to Have a Temporary Garage?
Depending on your situation, temporary garages may be a need.
It's possible that you live in a house that doesn't have a garage, or that the storage space in the one you have is already at capacity.
Looking for a reliable and affordable garage storage solution? Look no further than GarageSmart®!
We offer a variety of storage solutions that will meet your needs and budget. Call us today for a free consultation!
A temporary garage can be used as a workshop, a location to store items, or even as a place to park an extra car while the permanent garage is being built.
Let's take a look at some of the scenarios when a temporary garage may be useful:
- A portable garage provides the perfect area for securing your car, motorcycle, truck, SUV, or watercraft from the elements. When your car is not in use, it is best to store it in a garage to prevent damage from the weather. That will delay the ageing of your vehicle.
- Safeguarding Gear: If you leave your lawnmower, tractor, and other landscaping tools out in the open, they will break down more often. In addition, leaving it exposed increases the risk of theft.
- Why pay for self-storage when you may keep your bulky items right on your own land? Keeping it in a temporary garage is the most cost-effective, hassle-free, and secure option.
- Every property owner needs a dedicated workshop, either in the house or on the property. Without a basement, a portable garage might serve as the ideal work space for a handyman. Prepare a makeshift garage to house your tools and workbench and get your projects back on track.
Advantages of a Portable Building, Shelter, or Garage
Shelters that can be moved from place to place provide ample space for storing items and a variety of other advantages.
Affordable and versatile, it can serve as a garage for cars or trucks, a wood shed or garden shed, a workshop, a storage shed, or any number of other purposes.
As was also mentioned above, its portability makes it possible to dismantle it when necessary and rebuild it elsewhere.
This is the quickest and most convenient way to find a temporary garage.
Let's imagine you've rented out your house but still need a location to keep your car, tractor, or other valuables. It is against the rules to construct a garage on rental land.
Temporary garages like these are beneficial when permanent garage space is needed but only temporarily.
They're simple to disassemble and move, so you won't have to spend any extra money replacing them if you ever have to move. When collapsed, most models don't take up a lot of space. This makes something that is already very convenient that much more so.
If your garage is already full, you can utilise a temporary structure like a shed to store your stuff in a more convenient and secure location.
The majority of individuals today utilise a portable garage to store their cars, vehicles, campers, motorbikes, work vans, boats, and other vehicles.
No matter what you use to construct your temporary shelters, they will protect you from the wind and rain.
You can get more usage out of your vehicles and other large items by shielding them from the sun and rain.
Tents can be used as emergency shelters, workshops, firewood storage, equipment protection, animal feed storage, off-season gear storage, bulk storage, and so on.
Incredibly Straightforward to Establish/Install
Setting up a temporary shelter is far easier than erecting a permanent one.
The equipment required is relatively little and is easily scaled up or down based on the size of a temporary buildings.
However, you'll typically need a stepladder, wrenches, a mallet, screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a few other equipment.
Most temporary structures weigh very little, require only a few minutes to set up, and are easily transported.
Short-term structures like these don't need to be anchored to the ground in any way.
It's possible to put them up on practically any kind of surface. Still, it's safer to use on a level surface.
You Can Avoid Wasting Both
Portable shelters are a common substitute for a permanently garage and storage facility because of their lower cost and shorter assembly time.
These temporary structures are an inexpensive option for storing vehicles and other assets.
Portable garages are made from high-tensile galvanised steel with a clear lacquer that prevents rusting and wear.
The diameter of the frames is determined by the size of the building. 1.315" - 2.375" size range; 14 ounce, 23 mils rip-stop polythene cover with expertly welded seams. top-tier among competitors; heaviest in the business.
Protected From the Elements
A temporary shelter can be used year-round.
You may rest easy knowing that your belongings are safe in one of these shelters because they can withstand harsh weather and shield themselves from the sun.
Simple to Maintain
Portable shelters require little in the way of upkeep once they are set up. The majority of buildings can be made to last for decades with only a little bit of extra care.
Consequently, require less money to maintain over time.
Not Needing Any Permits
The installation of a temporary garage typically also does not necessitate the acquisition of any necessary permissions.
Because it is not a permanent structure, it does not need a foundation.
A garage may be obtained at an even lesser price and with much less effort and time spent on the process if you go about it this way.
You should double-check with your local authorities to make sure that erecting a temporary structure like this does not require any special permits, though.
Need Help in Choosing The Best Garage Storage For You?
We have years of experience in the storage industry and know how to make the most out of every space.
You’ll be able to finally declutter your garage and get everything neatly organised and out of sight.
Plus, our adjustable storage means you can change your mind about what you want to store whenever you want – no need for expensive renovations!
Request a quotation on our website today!
Homeowners who want to protect their vehicles from the elements or who simply need more space might benefit greatly from a portable garage shelter.
Portable garages come in a range of sizes and may be quickly and easily assembled and dismantled. If the owner is unwilling to invest in a permanent and expensive construction, they might be purchased instead.
Whether you need to protect your vehicle, motorcycle, truck, SUV, or boat from the weather, a portable garage is the ideal solution.
While the permanent garage is being constructed, the temporary garage can serve as a workshop, storage space, or even a place to put an additional vehicle.
Both UV-blocking and black-scrimmed materials are options for the garage's construction. Most people in the modern world use a temporary garage to keep their cars, trucks, RVs, motorcycles, boats, and other vehicles safe and dry when they are not in use.
Garages can be used for a wide variety of purposes outside only storing cars, such as emergency shelters, workshops, firewood sheds, animal feed sheds, bulk storage sheds, and off-season equipment sheds.
The majority of temporary buildings are light, simple, and quick to erect.
The high-tensile galvanised steel used in portable garages is protected from rust and wear by a transparent varnish.
The size of the structure dictates the width of the frames.
There is no need for a base because it is not a permanent building. Verify with the relevant authorities to ensure that temporary building permits are not needed.
- Homeowners who want to protect their vehicles from the elements or who simply need more space might benefit greatly from a portable garage shelter.
- Portable garages come in a range of sizes and may be quickly and easily assembled and dismantled.
- To learn more about things to look for in a portable garage before making a purchase, continue reading.
- As an alternative to building a permanent garage, many individuals choose to store their cars and other possessions in a movable garage, which can be relocated to a new location if necessary.
- Portable garages are a popular choice for those who need extra space for their belongings.
- If the owner is unwilling to invest in a permanent and expensive construction, they might be purchased instead.
- They can be moved to different locations at a later time, which is a huge selling factor.
- Transportable garages are typically used to house automobiles.
- A movable garage is typically used to store a car or truck, but it can also be used to store other recreational vehicles including trailers, campers, motorcycles, boats, and even tractors and watercraft.
- A temporary garage can shield a vehicle from the elements, vandalism, and theft so long as the vehicle fits within completely.
- Portable garage shelters serve a variety of purposes, such as a place to store items.
- Hay, sand, salt, and other building materials are stored in mobile garages in the countryside.
- For the resourceful farmer in the country, a mobile garage can double as a glasshouse, an auxiliary office, or a corral for livestock.
- Storage sheds can be custom-made to order or purchased already assembled.
- A portable garage's durability can be improved by using aluminium, powder-coated, or galvanised steel for the frame and polythene for the cover.
- While most portable garages are constructed from steel, there is a wide variety of styles, sizes, and colours available to satisfy the needs of different consumers.
- While polythene won't let water in, it also won't keep much of it out.
- Due to the shorter time spent outside, automobiles are less likely to be exposed to the weather and develop mould and mildew within the garage when it rains or becomes cold enough to cause ice to build on cars.
- A movable garage can be upgraded with features like surface anchors or attachments, double-layer polythene, and a variety of "rip stop" material.
- Both UV-blocking and black-scrimmed materials are options for the garage's construction.
- In order to prevent the entry of harmful ultraviolet radiation, it is possible to construct garage walls that are impenetrable from all angles.
- DIYers also have the option of constructing a garage in their own backyard from a portable garage kit.
- Temporary garages may be necessary depending on the circumstances.
- Maybe you don't have a garage at your house, or you're using all the space in there for your car.
- While the permanent garage is being constructed, the temporary garage can serve as a workshop, storage space, or even a place to put an additional vehicle.
- Take a look at some of the places a temporary garage could come in handy:
- Whether you need to protect your vehicle, motorcycle, truck, SUV, or boat from the weather, a portable garage is the ideal solution.
- It's ideal to keep your car covered and out of the elements by keeping it in a garage while it's not in use.
- That will keep your car looking newer for longer.
- Your lawnmower, tractor, and other landscaping equipment are more likely to break down if you store them in the open.
- Moreover, the risk of theft rises when it is left unattended.
- If you have enough space on your own property, there's no reason to rent a storage unit.
- The best way to ensure its safety, convenience, and low cost is to store it in a temporary garage.
- Workshops, whether attached to a home or located on the property, are essential for any homeowner.
- A handyman who doesn't have access to a basement may find that a portable garage makes for the perfect workshop.
- Restart your efforts by setting up a makeshift garage to keep your tools and workbench.
- A portable shelter has many benefits, including a large storage area.
- Furthermore, as was previously noted, it can be disassembled and reassembled in a different location if and when that becomes required.
- Finding a temporary garage in this way is the easiest and quickest option.
- Okay, so you've rented out your home but you still need somewhere to park your vehicle, tractor, and other belongings while they're not in use.
- To build a garage on rented property is against the rules.
- These temporary garages are helpful when long-term storage is required but only for a limited time.
- You won't have to spend any extra money on new ones if you ever have to relocate because they are easy to disassemble and transport.
- Most models' storage footprints are significantly reduced when they are in their collapsed states.
- Temporary structures, such as sheds, can be used as an alternative to garages when the latter become too crowded to accommodate any further items.
- Most people in the modern world use a temporary garage to keep their cars, trucks, RVs, motorcycles, boats, and other vehicles safe and dry when they are not in use.
- Your makeshift shelters, whatever of their material, will keep you dry and safe from the elements.
- Protecting your automobiles and other large goods from the sun and rain will extend their useful life.
- Tents have a wide variety of practical uses, including as temporary shelters in the event of an emergency, as work areas, as firewood storage, as equipment protection, as animal feed storage, as off-season gear storage, as bulk storage, and so forth.
- Simple to Setup and Install
- It's much less difficult to construct a makeshift shelter than a permanent one.
- The necessary apparatus is modest and may be quickly expanded or reduced to suit the dimensions of temporary structures.
- A stepladder, wrenches, a mallet, screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and sometimes some more tools are usually necessary.
- The majority of temporary buildings are light, simple, and quick to erect.
- These types of temporary buildings are not need to be permanently fastened to the ground.
- They can be hung from almost any surface. Nonetheless, it should be used on a flat area for safety.
- The high-tensile galvanised steel used in portable garages is protected from rust and wear by a transparent varnish.
- The size of the structure dictates the width of the frames.
- superior than other market contenders; dominant player.
- A makeshift home can be used at any time of the year.
- Having your valuables in one of these shelters will give you peace of mind, as they are protected from the elements and the sun.
- A portable shelter, once erected, needs nothing in the way of upkeep.
- In most cases, with just a little bit of extra care, structures may be made to last for decades.
- Consequently, less money will be needed for upkeep over time.
- As a general rule, you won't need any special permits to put in a temporary garage.
- There is no need for a base because it is not a permanent building.
- Obtaining a garage in this manner could save you considerably more money and time than any other option you could consider.
- However, you should verify with the relevant authorities to make sure that temporary building licences are not needed.
FAQs About Garage Shelter
What Is a Portable Shelter?
A portable shelter essentially is temporary building structures that provide heavy-duty protection and additional storage space for a wide range of needs structure that typically consists of just a steel frame with a fabric cover.
How Do You Hold a Portable Garage?
To anchor your portable garage on an earth surface, like grass or dirt, then you need to ensure you get an earth anchor. These are able to be pushed down into the ground very easily and very quickly, but they hold your portable garage or shelter firmly and securely into the ground.
How Can I Protect My Car Without a Garage?
Fortunately, a garage isn't the only way to keep your car and its beautiful paint job safe. There are several ways to protect your car when it spends extended periods parked unsheltered outdoors. You can build a shelter, put on a car cover, or even protect your car's paint and integrity right at the surface layer.
Are Car Canopies Worth It?
If you have the space, a car canopy is a great way to keep your ride protected from the elements. Many of these top-rated examples have walls to block wind and could easily serve as a pop-up repair spot. They range in size to fit all vehicles—and in price to fit all wallets.
What Do You Do if You Don't Have a Garage?
Sheds. Probably the most common and popular alternative to a garage, sheds are pocket and space friendly. Chances are, most people already have some sort of shed on their property.